Adrianne Behning, BSN RN
Creator, Artistic Director, Host
Adrianne has been a night-shift pulmonary step-down and palliative care nurse since she became an RN in 2016. She attended Kirkwood Community College for her ADN. She completed her BSN through the University of Iowa College of Nursing in December 2018. Prior to nursing, Adrianne boasts 11 years experience as a nursing assistant in a large teaching hospital. Adrianne is interested in being an educator in an informal setting, using humor and storytelling as meaningful teaching tools.
Adrianne is trying to be professional while still being herself – and herself swears too much and consumes way too much sugar. She blogs far less than she wants to, and would love to vlog more, but she’d rather just sit in her pajamas with bedhead and eat ice cream on her days off.
Random Facts About Adrianne
1. I like lists.
2. I faced a lot of obstacles getting through nursing school.
3. I love being on committees. So far the tally is: I am chair of one, co-chair of another, and sporadically attend a third.
4. My favorite scrubs likes are Cherokee Iflex/Infiniti and Butter Soft Brand.
5. I have a Boston Terrier (with one blue and one brown eye) name McNamara (Mac for short) who live likes a doggy king.
6. I would eat tacos for 3 meals a day if I could.
7. I am a xennial in every way. Go ahead. Roll your eyes. It’s still true.
8. I am almost entirely nocturnal. I’ve worked the night shift since 2003.
9. I listen to podcasts constantly. It’s like reading only my eyes don’t hurt.
10. One of my professional interests is end-of-life care. I'll talk about it with anyone who lets me.
11. I have a serious problem with drinking Pepsi.
12. I quit smoking in 2014 after ten years of stupidity and self-harm. Now I'm a respiratory nurse.
13. I love to cook. Bae and I get fancy over here. We watch a lot of cooking videos. I love David Chang, Matty Matheson, Anthony Bourdain, and a bunch of others.
14. I love radio and podcasting and I want to get really good at it.
15. If I could make a living as an artist, I would’ve gone to school for that. Instead, I do crafts at 3am.
16. I am really good at calming agitated or scared patients. The downside is it drains me really fast.
17. I wish I could race cars, but I’m scared. Some day I’ll drive the Autobahn like Conan O'Brien did on his show. Google it.
18. At the time of this post, I have 24 houseplants.
19. I talk too much, but I know when it's important to shut up.
20. I believe nurses have the power to change healthcare in ways we can't even fathom yet.
I love reading messages from listeners and fans, so please feel free to email or direct message me on social media. I’ll get back to you as soon as I’m able.